Problem building powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0 toolchain

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed May 16 16:37:00 GMT 2012

Hi James, Hi Catherine,

  I can no longer build a powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0 toolchain.  The problem
  is:

     opcodes/ppc-dis.c:203: error: undefined reference to 'is_ppc_vle'
     opcodes/ppc-dis.c:203: error: undefined reference to 'is_ppc_vle'

     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
     make[3]: *** [as-new] Error 1
     make[3]: Leaving directory `powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0/gas

  I am not sure whether you need to provide an implementation of the
  is_ppc_vle function in bfd/coff-rs6000.c or else make the use of it
  in opcodes/ppc-dis.c be conditional upon building for an ELF based
  toolchain.  Either way, please could you fix this ?