m68k-atari-mint target

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr
Sat May 12 16:57:00 GMT 2012


On 08/04/2010 18:32, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Would it be possible to include this patch into the official binutils
>> sources ?
>
> Yes - there are three conditions however:

Hello again, Nick.

> 1. You will need to have a Binutils FSF copyright assignment in place
> in for us to be able to accept the patch. I have attached the
> email form that you will need to fill out and send off in order to
> start this process.

Done. And Guido Flohr, who is the original author of the patch, also signed 
the papers. So I can now legally contribute.

> 2. Someone (probably you) will need to volunteer to be a maintainer
> for the m68k-atari-mint port, making sure that it continues to work
> into the future, and even improving it if you want to.

Ok, I agree.

> 3. The patch must not break any of the currently existing ports. (I
> assume that it does not, but I will check this once conditions 1
> and 2 are satisfied).

I don't think it breaks anything.

You can see the first, informative version of my patch there:
http://cygwin.com/ml/binutils/2010-04/msg00146.html

If the new m68k-atari-mint target is going to be accepted, I will continue 
working on that patch following your instructions, until it is fully committed.

Regards,

-- 
Vincent Rivière



More information about the Binutils mailing list