binutils write access

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat May 12 06:12:00 GMT 2012

James Lemke <jwlemke@mentor.com> writes:

> I'm trying to commit PowerPC VLE support.  I keep getting a msg like this:
> cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
> /cvs/src/src/,ChangeLog,': Permission denied
>
> So it appears I don't (or no longer?) have write access.  How do I fix that?
> TIA, Jim.

You are in the gcc group on gcc.gnu.org aka sourceware.org.  That only
gives you write access to gcc, not the binutils.  I don't know if you
ever had binutils write access in the past.  What you should do know is
get a binutils maintainer to sponsor you and send a note to
overseers@sourceware.org requesting binutils write access.

Ian