INPUT_SECTION_FLAGS broken (Was: [RFA] PowerPC VLE port)

James Lemke jwlemke@codesourcery.com
Wed May 9 13:01:00 GMT 2012

> What if you're disassembling a ppc64 object file where sec_flg2 has a
> different meaning?  Fix this by passing info->section to a predicate
> function living in elf32-ppc.c something along the lines of
>
> bfd_boolean
> is_ppc_vle (asection *sec)
> {
>    return (sec->owner != NULL
> 	&&  is_ppc_elf (sec->owner)
> 	&&  sec->has_vle_insns);
> }
>
> Declare in, I dunno, elf32-ppc.h preferably but this will require
> you to pull other headers into ppc-dis.h.  elf-bfd.h as a last resort.

Thanks for the comments, I'll look at it this now.

> Also
> -/* This bit is reserved by BFD for processor specific stuff.  Name
> -   it properly so that we can easily stay consistent elsewhere.  */
> -#define SEC_PPC_VLE		SEC_TIC54X_BLOCK
> went quite a while ago, which you'll discover when you try to commit
> the patch.  Please fix corresponding changelog.

I disagree.. the patch was generated via: cvs diff with a recent checkout.
I just did another checkout and these lines are present.
They can also be seen here:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/include/elf/ppc.h?rev=1.30&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

Somehow you & I are out of sync!?
Jim.