[patch] Add split DWARF (Fission) support to objcopy/strip

Cary Coutant ccoutant@google.com
Mon May 7 18:01:00 GMT 2012

> OK, except
>
>> -  /* Core files do not need to be relocated.  */
>> -  if (bfd_get_format (obfd) == bfd_core)
>> +  /* Core files and DWO files do not need to be relocated.  */
>> +  if (bfd_get_format (obfd) == bfd_core || strip_symbols == STRIP_NONDWO)
>
> Do DWO sections have relocs?  If not then this would seem to be
> redundant given the changes to is_strip_section.

They do have a few relocations that we left in to facilitate testing
when the .dwo sections are left in the .o file (i.e., when objcopy
isn't run after assembly). We'll probably remove those, but until then
I want to strip them when running objcopy.

-cary