XGATE bfd support.

nick clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 16:01:00 GMT 2012

Hi Sean,

> Please find attached a patch that adds XGATE support to the BFD section
> of Binutils. I thought submitting a smaller portion of my port would
> help ease the review process.

It helps a bit.  But it also has its own problems.  For example, the
patched sources cannot be built because of missing files (eg
include/elf/xgate.h).

Still here are a couple of comments from visually reviewing the patch:

   * Please do not use C++ style // comments.  Also if you comment out
code, please decide whether it really needs to be left in the sources.
If it is not needed, please just remove the code.  If there is a good
reason to leave the code in, albeit commented out, then please include
the reason in a comment.

   * The use of the PARAMS macro is now deprecated.  We no longer
support compiling with K&R style compilers.  Please just include the
parameter list, unadorned, in function prototypes.

   * If you wish, you can omit patches to auto-generated files (eg
Makefile.in, bfd-in2.h).  We will regenerate these files ourselves when
testing the patch.

The code itself looks fine.  It would appear that the XGATE architecture
is reasonably straightforward, so you have not been forced to leap
through too many hoops in the bfd code.