Patch: Add support for XGATE CPU and update M68HCS12X port
Sean Keys
skeys@ipdatasys.com
Thu Mar 1 01:49:00 GMT 2012
In order for my tools to compile MS3 code I had to add *alias opcodes
that were not in the hardware manufacturer's manual. Look at your patch
and then look at mine; the struct for the table is different. I did
not blatantly try to rip you off. I did a merge of three opcode tables
the original, my updates and what you submitted to the binutils list. I
did not mention the opcodes that made it from your table, for that I
sincerely apologize. With everything that I was trying to get done, I
honestly just forgot.
> I haven't reviewed it any further than that.
Try to find anything besides an opcode table that has similarities, you
won't.
> PS. I thought we had agreed that we would collaborate and you would help
> test my XGATE patches instead of submitting 'rival' work?
I agreed to help test and I did. Too many people were uneasy about
having support for two different architectures in one port. I never
said anything about abandoning my port.
It sounds like your s12 port supports more than mine. I haven't really
spent much time on the s12 side of things besides the opcode table. I'd
be happy to see that work included in the official upstream sources as
it would benefit everyone.
Sincerely,
Sean Keys
On 02/29/2012 04:32 PM, James Murray wrote:
> (Extracted from Sean's patch.)
> --------
> diff --git src/opcodes/m68hc11-opc.c src/opcodes/m68hc11-opc.c
> index ac6259d..b66ef6a 100644
> --- src/opcodes/m68hc11-opc.c
> +++ src/opcodes/m68hc11-opc.c
> @@ -2,6 +2,8 @@
> Copyright 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 Free Software Foundation,
> Inc.
> Written by Stephane Carrez (stcarrez@nerim.fr)
>
> + S12X updates by Sean Keys(skeys@ipdatasys.com)
> +
> This file is part of the GNU opcodes library.
> --------
>
> I disagree, the changes appear to be mostly my work, but with your name
> at the top.
> There are tell-tale identical comments and the mistake I made with
> rorx/rory is there too.
>
> You patch does not appear to include support for the new extended modes
> of some of the S12X opcodes in tc-m68hc11.c (movb,movw,sex)
>
> I haven't reviewed it any further than that.
>
> regards
>
> James
>
> PS. I thought we had agreed that we would collaborate and you would help
> test my XGATE patches instead of submitting 'rival' work?
More information about the Binutils
mailing list