[CR16] Problem with TC_LINKRELAX_FIXUP

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 02:25:00 GMT 2012


On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:16:08PM +0000, Jayant R. Sonar wrote:
> Addend in case of non-working configuration is found to be zero where 
> as it is 4 in working configuration. 
> 
> At following URL, I found a change in TC_LINKRELAX_FIXUP was made to 
> resolve non-code section fixups at assembly time:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-07/msg00035.html
> 
> If I revert this change, my problem gets solved. But then I start 
> getting same problem that Swami had reported earlier in the URL:
> >> libstdc++.a(future.o)(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

The symptoms you describe say to me that the cr16 md_apply_fix and/or
tc_gen_reloc are broken.  On looking, I see fx_offset is set to zero
in md_apply_fix.  This would explain why the reloc addend is zeroed.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM



More information about the Binutils mailing list