./configure --target seems to be ignored.

John Darrington john@darrington.wattle.id.au
Sun Jun 3 14:20:00 GMT 2012


I'm trying to build gas for a mmix target.

I've tried configuring with various --target options.   For example,
  configure --target=mmix-unknown-coff

All seems to configure and build just fine, and the assembler identifies itself as:
 ./gas/as-new --version
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.22.52.20120603
Copyright 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `mmix-unknown-coff'.

Which also looks fine.

However all object files it produces are 

a.out: ELF 64-bit MSB relocatable, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped


What am I doing wrong?

J'

-- 
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285  A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20120603/bd619ee5/attachment.sig>


More information about the Binutils mailing list