Maintainers file patch for M68HC1x port.

Sean Keys skeys@ipdatasys.com
Tue Jul 24 20:49:00 GMT 2012

James,

 > That's rather contentious. We've both recently contributed to hc11.

We are both users/devs of this port, and are both therefore part of the
same team. I'm after only one thing: contributing to this port and
making it better.

 >Most of the addition by volume was from me. The code you have
 >contributed was to support linking in of the xgate additional target you
 >added.

The bulk of your patch was for XGATE support within the HC1x tools, not
fixes or additions to the port itself. I have demonstrated continued
commitment to development of this port. I've also spent enough time
working with the code base to be completely comfortable maintaining it
and that's the bottom line.

 >(We discussed your other patch by email.) I'm still not sure I can think
 >of a case where a symbol would be created in XGATE space that needs to
 >be referenced by the S12, but the check you've added for that case is
 >likely harmless.

It's a valid and reasonable use case, therefore in my opinion it should
be left up to the developer. I ran the existing test-suite to make sure
it was harmless to existing usage, of course.

 >However, it would be worth adding some testcases to the testsuite to
 >confirm the new behaviour.

Indeed, let me integrate my existing test into the test-suite. I'll post
it to the mailing list, as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Sean