'match_priority' problem - missing priority for ARM/MIPS/PPC

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 06:20:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 06:21:19AM -0600, Jason Richards wrote:
> I did some searching on the mail list to see this [match_priority] is
> a new concept.
> I solved this problem with the following patch. Did I miss something?

match_priority can't be used to select among targets to suit your
preferences (except in your own private sources).  After all, other
people have different preferences.  match_priority is there only to
select among bfd targets where some are truly a better match, for
example, an object file that matches both elf32-powerpc and elf32-big
should not select the generic elf target.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM