Initializing a bfd* without using openr_bfd (nor _bfd_new_bfd()) ?

Emmanuel Fleury fleury@labri.fr
Fri Jan 20 08:05:00 GMT 2012


Hi,

On 01/19/2012 05:41 PM, nick clifton wrote:
>
>> I am struggling with libbfd trying to allocate a fresh bfd* structure,
>> yet without using openr_bfd, openw_bfd (nor _bfd_new_bfd as it is a
>> private function).
>>
>> Is there a simple way to call _bfd_new_bfd() without having to
>> reimplement it ?
>
> Have you tried using bfd_create() ?

Not yet, but this is exactly what I need indeed... Sorry, I didn't find 
it in the documentation at first sight.

My point was exactly to not depend of a file, so not opening the file is 
quite enough for me.

> Or bfd_openr_iovec() ?

I didn't find the documentation for this function, but I'll look in the 
code of binutils.

Thans a lot for these hints !

Regards
-- 
Emmanuel Fleury

The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet!
Our hero ruefully acknowledges that this happens fairly frequently...
   -- Calvin & Hobbes (Bill Waterson)



More information about the Binutils mailing list