[Patch mach-o/gas] support section stack.

Iain Sandoe developer@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 09:35:00 GMT 2012

Hi Tristan,

On 5 Jan 2012, at 09:27, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> +static char *
>> +obj_mach_o_maybe_quoted_canonical_section_name (char *bf)
>
> Looks like a little bit far-fetch.
> So we accept '.pushsection .text' but not '.section .text' ?

I was wondering about making .section accept 'elf' syntax too for
canonical section names.
but - we can't really act on the rest of the line, so would have to
discard the @... stuff.

It's a question of whether that compatibility helps or hinders us...

> You really need to document the use of BF and the return value.  Why
> 255 ?  A constant would be better IMHO.
yes it would - will do.
>> +# { dg-warning ".popsection without corresponding .pushsection;
>> ignored" "" { target *-*-darwin*} 5 }
>>

> Otherwise OK, but I am a bit dubious about the use of it.

Well, it was partially an exercise - done while trying to look at that
gdb python test-case that uses it.

We could leave it for now ... it's not a high priority.

WDYT?
Iain