[Patch gas/mach-o] pre-output error check hook.

Iain Sandoe developer@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 08:33:00 GMT 2012

Hello Alan,

On 20 Feb 2012, at 00:35, Alan Modra wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 08:24:27PM +0000, Iain Sandoe wrote:
>> In a way, I'm surprised that no-one else wants to do this - which
>> makes me wonder if I've missed an alternate implementation?
>
> Is md_end too soon?

I think so - I think it needs to be after:
  dwarf debugging finish
  cfi finish

that will cause additional relocs to be emitted (unless it can be
guaranteed that those are correct, which is not obvious; e.g. for
personality routine references).

  and subsegs finish, since we want to examine the subseg contents.

However, should the call be in as.c rather than in write.c?

thanks
Iain