Weird error cross-compiling glibc with binutils 2.22 or head

David Hagood david.hagood@gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:09:00 GMT 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 09:00 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> That's exactly what you have to find out.  It is absolutely obvious that
> this has nothing to do with binutils, because the erroneous line was
> explicitly written into linker script.
Except you seem to have missed the bit in my first post that this only
started happening AFTER I replaced the older version of binutils I was
cross-compiling with the newer version of binutils - that is, when I
stopped building binutils-2.20 for the cross environment and started
building binutils-2.22 for the cross environment. Now, I know that "post
hoc, ergo propter hoc" is a fallacy, but to start checking the
assumption that the thing I changed might have something to do with the
change is not unreasonable.

Look: if you don't want to help me, fine. Stop replying to my mails. But
I am seeing this. I am not the only one seeing this. I am pursuing this
on both the binutils board (because changing binutils seems to be what
precipitated the change) and on the libc board.