renaming multiple defined symbols

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo@rodsoft.org
Sat Aug 25 22:27:00 GMT 2012

Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a way to do the following:

I want to link into an executable several archives that contains a
function with the same name (say "func"). Then, in the executable, I
must call this function from every archive. To accomplish this, I must
somehow at link time rename this function from each archive to something
else (say "funcA", "funcB", "funcC", for archives A,B and C
respectively) and call them in the executable.

Is it possible? As far as I know, I can't reference in a link script a
symbol from an input object to assign it to an output symbol.

Is there another way to do it?

Best regards,
Rodolfo Lima