[RFA] PowerPC e6500 opcodes correction

Edmar edmar@freescale.com
Fri Aug 17 23:14:00 GMT 2012


Alan,

Last year, IBM and Freescale agreed to change the opcodes of four new 
instructions.

When I submitted the e6500 patch early this year, I missed those changes
and used the opcodes from a previous version of our internal documentation.

Attached is a patch that fixes the opcodes for:
vabsdub
vabsduh
vabsduw
mviwsplt

The patch was tested for powerpc 32 bits and 64 bits with no regressions 
against
this week's snapshot.

(Recently I obtained WAA for gcc project, despite this, Freescale 
firewall still does not
allow me to use CVS. I would appreciate if you could do the commit for us.)

Thanks,
Edmar



opcodes/ChangeLog
2012-08-17  Edmar Wienskoski <edmar@freescale.com>

         * ppc-opc.c (powerpc_opcodes): Changed opcode for vabsdub,
         vabsduh, vabsduw, mviwsplt.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
2012-08-17  Edmar Wienskoski <edmar@freescale.com>

         * gas/ppc/e6500.d: Changed opcode for vabsdub, vabsduh, vabsduw,
         mviwsplt.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: sub_e6500_update-bin.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 5150 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20120817/a5048e03/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: sub_e6500_update-bin-Changelog
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20120817/a5048e03/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Binutils mailing list