[PATCH 3/5] remove deleted BFDs from the archive cache

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 18:45:00 GMT 2012


>>>>> "HJ" == H J Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> writes:

HJ> The original codes were written in such a way to properly handle
HJ> archive operation.

I don't agree.  The original codes were inconsistent in what they did,
presumably because BFD gave no guidance as to what was correct.

HJ> The only missing part was to properly handle the member cache
HJ> pointer.

BFD also leaked the archive member hash tables.

HJ> I think we should open a new bug to track the original problem with
HJ> a testcase and to see if there is a less intrusive way to fix it
HJ> instead making major changes to archive handling codes.

If you mean reverting the patches, I don't agree with it, but that is up
to you.

Tom



More information about the Binutils mailing list