C99 macros

Yufeng Zhang Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com
Wed Aug 15 17:47:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

It has been pointed out that the use of the C99 macros PRIi64 and PRIx64
(in opcodes/aarch64-opc.c) may cause the build to fail in an environment
where there is lack of C99 support.

I am considering to eliminate the dependency on this C99 feature by
replacing PRIi64 and PRIx64 with some alternative approach in the
AArch64 port.  Before doing that, I wonder what the general policy is
about coding the binutils using C99 features.  Interestingly, I didn't
find any other port includes the inttypes.h header file (not to say the
use of PRIi64 and PRIx64).

Thanks,
Yufeng