[GOLD] How can I add a undefined symbol in target implementation, not by "-u SYM" from command line ?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Aug 13 15:39:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Jiong WANG <wong.kwongyuan@gmail.com> wrote:

>   How can I predefine a undefined symbol in target implementation?
>
>   actually, I am porting gold for tilegx, and our arch's tls
> implementation requires predefiniation of "_tls_get_addr" because the
> assembler generate relocation which use this symbol implicitly.
>
>    I know there are interfaces,  "define_in_output_data/segment" to
> predefined symbol with value, but there is no interface to predefine
> "undefined" symbol ?
>
>    gold linker do support this by command line "-u SYMBOL",  but it's
> a compile time decision not link time.
>
>    currently, I managed to support this by the following ugly code:

> (gold::options::String_set*)&parameters->options().undefined());
>
>    which is bad, so, could anyone give me some suggestion on this?

I assume that the symbol is defined somewhere.  You probably want to
add a do_is_defined_by_abi method to your Target.  See the examples in
existing targets.

Ian