getting armv7 ld to emit armv4t thumb interworking

Allen Martin AMartin@nvidia.com
Fri Apr 13 07:13:00 GMT 2012

I have a cross toolchain I configured with "--with-arch=armv7-a --with-cpu=cortex-a9 --with-tune=cortex-a9" and I want the linker to emit armv4t compatible thumb interworking, but I can't seem to get it to.

I noticed that if I create a armv4t toolchain with "--with-arch=armv4t --with-cpu=arm7tdmi --with-tune=arm7tdmi" and then I pass "--use-blx" to the linker it will emit armv7 thumb interworking.  I created a patch to add a "--no-use-blx" switch that does the opposite (force armv4t compatible thumb interworking) which I will post momentarily, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding something.

-Allen

nvpublic