Problems with linker on Alpha

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:58:00 GMT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 03:36:52PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> The regular expression in testsuite/ld-plugin/plugin-6.d only expects
> one line with the "undefined reference to `func'" but on Alpha two such
> (identical) lines are generated.
>
> Should two such lines really be printed (i.e. is this a bug in the Alpha
> linker) or should the regexp be updated to cope with the possibility of
> the undefined reference line being printed twice?

I don't have anything like an up to date alpha compiler handy, so
can't give a definitive answer.  You should only get one message if
there was only one relocation reference to "func" from main.c, but be
aware that testsuite log files often duplicate output.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM