Linker script: Usage of INCLUDE and EXCLUDE_FILE + SORT_BY_ALIGNMENT/SORT_BY_NAME?

Andreas Schwab schwab@redhat.com
Thu May 26 15:04:00 GMT 2011

Dirk Behme <dirk.behme@googlemail.com> writes:

> 1. I have some statements like this:
>
> .text    :
> {
>     file1.o
>     file2.o
>     (.text)
> }

This output section spec contains two input section descriptions:
`file1.o' and `file2.o(.text)'.

> This does work. As I have to use the list of files in different
> sections (.data, .rodata etc) I'd like to put the file list into a
> separate file and include this file using INCLUDE. E.g.
>
> .text:
> {
>     INCLUDE file.lst
>     (.text)
> }

This is not a valid output section spec because `(.text)' cannot be
parsed as "a file name optionally followed by a list of section names in
parentheses".

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@redhat.com
GPG Key fingerprint = D4E8 DBE3 3813 BB5D FA84  5EC7 45C6 250E 6F00 984E