C6X OSABI field

Joseph S. Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Fri May 13 15:19:00 GMT 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> >> +     catch "exec $READELF $READELFFLAGS --file-header $binary_file > readelf.out" got
> >
> > Should be using remote_exec host (with appropriate adjustments for how
> > remote_exec arranges its return value) to work with remote host testing.
>
> Ok. That's copied from ld-ifunc/ifunc.exp, so that probably needs fixing
> too. It wasn't immediately obvious how to use remote_exec host; a few
> versions that I thought should have worked didn't.

It's certainly likely there are various remote-host bugs in the
testsuites.  I fixed all the issues that appeared for
arm-none-linux-gnueabi target in
<http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-08/msg00382.html>, but of course
plenty more tests have been added since then, and for other targets all I
made sure of was that that patch didn't change the test results for
local-host testing.

This version of the patch is OK, presuming there are no testsuite
regressions and all the new tests pass for both c6x-elf and c6x-uclinux
targets.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com