binutils-2.21.51 and OpenVMS IA64

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Tue Mar 29 07:28:00 GMT 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Philippe Vouters wrote:
> Read
> http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/OpenVMS-binutils-2.21.51-Unix_utilities-nm-strings-size-addr2line-objdump-as_on_OpenVMS.html
> OpenVMS users may download a zip build on OpenVMS containing a saveset
> backup.
> Tested nm against nm.OBJ and DECC$SHARE:DECC$SHR.EXE on OpenVMS IA64
> V8.3-1H1
> binutils maintainers may download a patch built on Linux Fedora 14.

Thank you for using and testing binutils on vms.

I am not sure I can integrate your patch unless you have an FSF assignment.

Before every release, I check if the binutils still build on vms (I check both alpha an itanium).  So if you download
the binutils 2.21 release, you should be able to build it on vms.
However I don't usually build the development version on vms, so there might be adjustments to do.

In any case, feel free to report any issues or improvement ideas.

Tristan.