PATCH: DragonFly support, attempt #3
John Marino
binutils@marino.st
Sat Mar 26 11:55:00 GMT 2011
Nick Clifton wrote:
>
> I will be happy to commit the mainstream binutils part of the patch
> after one small matter is resolved - your patch does not include the new
> gas/config/te-dragonfly.h file. If you can send that, then I will check
> all of the bfd, gas and ld changes in. I will also check in the changes
> to the top level configure and configure.ac scripts and propagate them
> to the FSF GCC respository.
>
Thanks, Nick.
Sorry about the missing te-dragonfly.h file. My "git fu" isn't as good
as it should be. I have regenerated the entire patch set and attached
them here along with the same commit messages as before for convenience.
I think the entire attached patchset is "mainstream" binutils.
By the way, can you take a closer look at ldlex.l change? I've gotten
feedback that the proper fix for the duplicate YY_NO_UNPUT macro
definition is just to remove the line "#define YY_NO_UNPUT" since the
first line "%option nounput" always defines YY_NO_UNPUT. If you agree
with that feedback, you'd want to change the ldlex.l patch although
leaving it as it is doesn't do any harm.
> I am not planing on applying the patch to the 2.21 branch since this
> patch is adding a new feature, not fixing a regression.
I would disagree. Dragonfly is not a new feature, it was supported
before as can be seen within the patches. This patchset fixes existing
but broken functionality, so I would say it's appropriate for 2.21 as well.
If you really
> feel that it is needed there then please persuade Tristan Gingold to
> apply it for you.
>
> Cheers
> Nick
Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
Regards,
John
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: binutils_221.D.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-current.D.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment-0001.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: 2011_03_23_changelog.ld.txt
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: 2011_03_23_changelog.txt
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment-0001.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: 2011_03_23_changelog.bfd.txt
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment-0002.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: 2011_03_23_changelog.gas.txt
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110326/f603923a/attachment-0003.txt>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list