Two of gold testsuite scripts require bash [patch]

John Marino binutils@marino.st
Sat Mar 19 20:52:00 GMT 2011

Most of the gold testsuite scripts start with "#!/bin/sh" and run fine
on my platform.

The following test scripts don't specify a shell unlike the rest:
* icf_safe_so_test.sh
* icf_safe_test.sh
   icf_preemptible_functions_test.sh
   icf_sht_rel_addend_test.sh

Two of those scripts (asterisk) fail on my platform because they use
notation specific to bash.  I believe the intent is that all testsuite
scripts only require the Bourne shell and therefore these two scripts
have a bug.  I have attached the patch I used to fix the two broken
scripts.  Hopefully somebody agrees and incorporates the patches or
provides and alternative solution.

Regards,
John