[AVR] Add new memory regions to script template

Weddington, Eric Eric.Weddington@atmel.com
Mon Mar 14 14:48:00 GMT 2011

Hi All,

Attached is a patch to add new memory regions to the AVR linker script template. This adds support for fuse, lock and signature memory regions. This patch has been used extensively in the field for a while with no issues and allows this data to be added to the ELF output file. The fuse and lock information is needed for programming the AVR chip. So this allows the user to contain all information needed for programming an AVR chip in one single ELF file.

I have a question regarding approval for binutils: I'm a co-maintainer of the AVR port of GCC. Do I need approval for this patch before committing to binutils? I would like to be listed as co-maintainer of the AVR port of binutils.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington

/ld:
2011-03-14  Eric B. Weddington  <eric.weddington@atmel.com>

	* scripttempl/avr.sc: Add fuse, lock, and signature memory regions.