PING Re: [RFA] Linker script extension SECTION_FLAGS

Catherine Moore clm@codesourcery.com
Thu Jun 30 21:11:00 GMT 2011

Hi Nick,

On 06/28/2011 07:37 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Catherine,
>
> I like this patch, but I am afraid that I cannot approve it yet. There
> are still several problems that need to be addressed:
>
> * You did not test building a toolchain configured with
> "--enable-targets=all --enable-64-bit-bfd". There were several targets
> that did not build because they did not define an appropriate
> xxx_bfd_lookup_section_flags macro.

This has now been done.

> * The new linker tests fail for targets that do not support the
> INPUT_SECTION_FLAGS feature. (Ie the ones that use
> bfd_generic_lookup_section_flags).

These tests have now been marked as unsupported for platforms other than
elf.

> * The ld.patch file contained the new linker tests, so the ld-test.patch
> file could not be applied afterwards.

Sorry!

> * The code did not check for contradictory input section flags, eg:
>
> INPUT_SECTION_FLAGS (SHF_TLS & !SHF_TLS)

Now done.  Thanks for spotting that.

> * There was no mention of this new feature in the ld/NEWS file.

Now done.

> * You have not provided a patch for GOLD. I would like to keep the two
> linkers in sync, at least as far as features go.

I did not implement this piece of the patch, although I might be willing
to take it on down the road.  It looks like you changed your mind about
requiring this.

> I hope that you will be willing to resolve these issues and submit a
> revised patch.

The new patch is attached.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Catherin