[patch/gas]: simplify frag_grow

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Wed Jul 27 07:39:00 GMT 2011


On Jul 27, 2011, at 3:06 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>> 
>> Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> 
>>> The 'while' loop can only be executed once.  The function 'frag_new' can
>>> either succeed or abort via exit (it uses xmalloc to allocate memory as
>>> defined by as.h).
>> 
>> This doesn't seem to be true.  I used the previous version of frag_grow
>> and put some print statements in frag_grow and I see multiple passes
>> through the while loop in some calls to frag_grow.  If I change the
>> while to an if (so that it can only be done once) and make no other
>> changes, my test case fails.
> 
> I'm guessing that bug is also the cause for these regressions
> for cris-elf exposed by Tristan's changes:

Ok, I will investigate that.

Tristan.



More information about the Binutils mailing list