simple program

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 10:55:00 GMT 2011

Hi Bill,

> I am just looking at the library and since everyone seems to start out
> with their first program being "hello world" is there a way to do that
> with BFD?

Hello world is really more appropriate as a first test for programming
languages.  BFD is a library intended for the manipulation of binary
files, not general purpose programming.

A more reasonable first test might be to write a program that tells you
the type any files provided on its command line.  (Like the "file" program).

> I hope this is the appropriate list for this. There doesn't seem to be
> any other lists except for CVS questions and bug reports.

This is the correct list.