gold library search path?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Jul 14 01:01:00 GMT 2011


Per Øyvind Karlsen <peroyvind@mandriva.org> writes:

> I feel a bit silly for not being able to figure this out, trying
> to go through the search over and over, googling and blah,
> but I'm totally not able to figure out how to set the library search
> of the gold linker during build..?
>
> Passing '--with-lib-path=/lib64:/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib'
> to configure gives me the expected behaviour I want with the bfd linker,
> but gold only wants to try search /lib & /usr/lib no matter what.. :|
>
> So that makes me wonder whether this actually might be a bug or not,
> while still feeling a bit st00pid.. :p

You're not stupid, there actually isn't a way to set gold's default
library path using a configure option.

I see that GNU ld does support a --with-lib-path configure option, and I
would not be opposed to supporting it in gold either.  The current
default (/lib:/usr/lib, adjusted for any --sysroot option) is set in
General_options::finalize in option.cc.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list