ld -z options

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:20:00 GMT 2011


I found today that none of the ld -z options are available on ELF
targets that lack shared lib support (unless the target happens to
provide some target specific options, which is weird).  This patch
rearranges the option support code in elf32.em to make a few useful
options generally available, and moves a couple of x86/x86_64 options
out of the general set.  I'll commit this after running tests
overnight.

	* emultempl/elf32.em (gld${EMULATION_NAME}_add_options,
	gld${EMULATION_NAME}_handle_option, gld${EMULATION_NAME}_list_options):
	Provide --build-id, -z defs, -z muldefs, -z max-page-size,
	-z common-page-size, -z execstack, -z noexecstack for all targets.
	Add help for --exclude-libs.
	(OPTION_LD_GENERATED_UNWIND_INFO,
	OPTION_NO_LD_GENERATED_UNWIND_INFO): Move this..
	(gld${EMULATION_NAME}_handle_option): ..and code handling
	--ld-generated-unwind-info and --no-ld-generated-unwind-info..
	* emultempl/plt_unwind.em: ..to here.  New file.  Add help.
	* emulparams/elf_i386.sh (EXTRA_EM_FILE): Define.
	* emulparams/elf_x86_64.sh (EXTRA_EM_FILE): Define.

I'd normally put the patch inline but sourceware.org just rejected the
patch as spam, so trying compressed.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: elf32.diff.gz
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 4082 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110713/a4ce77ec/attachment.obj>


More information about the Binutils mailing list