forcing the linker to be a particular one (i.e. gold vs bfd)

Vladimir Simonov sv@sw.ru
Wed Jan 19 18:58:00 GMT 2011

On 01/19/2011 09:06 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,

> If I remember correctly my original patch implemented option 2 by adding
> some more logic to gcc/exec-tool.in. I still think that this is the
> easiest solution. It should mean no other changes to gcc or the binutils
> and it makes use of a linker wrapper mechanism that is already in place.
>
> Cheers
> Nick

Hi Nick,

The thread a bit long, may be because my questions also:)
Looks like you've lost the question about your patch.
See below

Regards
Vladimir

http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.4/debian/patches/gold-and-ld.diff?view=log&pathrev=4512