Bug fix for gldelf_i386_place_orphan in elf32.em [version 2.20.1]

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 02:28:00 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:09:45AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> Thanks.  That nicely illuminates the bug, which is that using
> lookup->prev can result in hold[orphan_nonalloc].os equal to
> hold[orphan_bss].os.  If that happens, then orphan bss sections and
> orphan non-alloc sections might be intermingled.
>
> I'll test the following patch overnight, to find the inevitable
> testsuite failures this will cause..

Applied with this changelog.  The testsuite doesn't appear to care
about ordering of non-alloc sections.

	* emultempl/elf32.em (gld${EMULATION_NAME}_place_orphan): Don't
	attempt to put non-alloc orphans before debug sections, just place
	them after .comment.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM