forcing the linker to be a particular one (i.e. gold vs bfd)

Matthias Klose doko@ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 12 20:22:00 GMT 2011

On 12.01.2011 19:39, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> The more options we add to gcc the more problems
>> in gcc version switch(back and forward) appear for gcc users.
>>

> If you want to hide it from gcc driver, then you should do what
> Ian suggested to use -B.

-B is acceptable for somebody who knows where an alternative ld is installed.
It's horrible for anybody else who needs to figure out the location where an
alternative ld is installed. This includes upstreams and distribution makers.

I had the linker patch updated the last time in Nov/Dec. I'll try to update it
this week.

   Matthias