Generating ancilliary sections with gas

Dave Martin dave.martin@linaro.org
Wed Feb 2 10:28:00 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-08/msg00121.html ?

That's interesting--- I hadn't fully understood what this did.

I'm not sure it solves my problem though: I need to generate ancillary
sectiions relating for normal sections, and I need the relationship to
be visible in the name so that a linker script can remove related
sections in a sane way.

I think my proposal allows for a solution to the general problem of
allowing assembler directives to do things based on the current
assembler state, where "?" solves only a specific instance of that
problem, just allowing .section and related directives to do something
quite specific based on a specific property of the assembler state
(the current section group name).

If I'm wrong and you can see how to solve my problem, I'd definitely
be interested though.

Cheers
---Dave