[Patch]: Fix ld pr11138 FAILures on mips*.

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:07:00 GMT 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 09:16:22PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Showing my ignorance here, but is that the usual behaviour for this kind
> of thing?  I wouldn't have expected versions to apply to internally-created
> symbols.

Normally this sort of symbol isn't dynamic, at least nowadays.
Earlier versions of GNU ld made many symbols like
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ dynamic unnecessarily, so it might be just a
case of old mips code following even older practice.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM