Patching autoconf to support static binutils?

Bryan Ischo bryan@ischo.com
Wed Aug 24 13:02:00 GMT 2011


On 8/23/2011 8:25 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 18:32:00 Bryan Ischo wrote:
>> On 08/22/11 14:40, Bryan Ischo wrote:
>>> Hello.  I am trying to figure out how to build a statically linked
>>> version of binutils (starting with binutils source version 2.21.1).  I
>>> have found some old discussions of this topic via search results, but
>>> there was never any real resolution to this issue as far as I can tell.
>> Hello out there ... is anyone steering this ship????
> wow, 24 hours w/out a response and you're already getting punchy ?  this is
> open source which means you get to figure things out yourself if you cant find
> help.  not bug people even more for their free assistance.

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, and I don't think your response is 
warranted.  Additionally, it is disappointing that you put more effort 
into writing this paragraph than to your response below ...

> ./configure
> make configure-host
> make LDFLAGS=-all-static
> -mike

If you'll read my original email you'll note that the above doesn't work 
because LDFLAGS is passed to gcc by some of the binutils Makefiles and 
gcc doesn't like the -all-static option.

Bryan




More information about the Binutils mailing list