ld exclusion of *default* memory address mapping

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 06:05:00 GMT 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:55:01PM +0100, Jon Grant wrote:
> I am using a build of ld, v2.20. I would like to exclude the *default*
> catch all memory address visible in the map file quote below.

If you specify some memory regions, GNU ld will give an error (or
warning if --no-check-sections) if an output section without an
address is assigned to the default region.  If you specify an address
(see ld info Output Section Description) it's assumed you know what
you're doing.  So I'm wondering why you want anything more than this?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM