backport plugin fixes to 2.21
Tristan Gingold
gingold@adacore.com
Wed Apr 27 11:14:00 GMT 2011
On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> I've backported my plugin fixes to the branch, along with some from
> HJ and Dave. I also put Mark Wielaard's PR 10549 fix on the branch,
> with the exception of the ARM patch. I left ARM out since the branch
> lacks ifunc support for ARM, and I didn't want to make the call that
> ifunc was safe/desirable for ARM on the branch. That's not to say
> that I think it would be unsafe, just that I don't know.
>
> As far as I'm aware, this means both mainline and 2.21 now have full
> support for LTO, and neither needs gcc pass-through-libs.
Dave,
according to your latest message about 2.21.1 and plugins:
>
> There's still one outstanding LTO issue that needs solving on HEAD and then
> a backport of all the plugin-api updates to the branch. The one outstanding
> issue is the pr12365/2-stage link discussion which I'm about to revive, having
> spent the past little while trying a few different approaches.
>
> cheers,
> DaveK
some of this work has been completed by Alan (pr12365 is closed).
Do you expect more backports to the release branch ?
Tristan.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list