Ping [Patch] include/coff/xcoff.h: add new macros

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 09:56:00 GMT 2011

Hi Tristan,

> It looks like I indeed get the definitions of:
>
> + #define F_LPTEXT    0x0400
> + #define F_LPDATA    0x0800
> + #define F_LOADONLY  0x4000
> + #define F_NONEXEC   0x8000
>
> directly from the AIX headers.  But F_LPDATA is mentioned in AIX 6.1 doc for ld, so is F_LOADONLY in strip command.
>
> F_NONEXEC is documented in:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-appdev-aix5l.html
>
> So only F_LPTEXT doesn't appear in IBM doc, but it appears in Valgrind code.
>
>> I trust you that they're correct.  The reason I held back was that
>> I was worried about copyright issues if the patch was a bulk copy of
>> macros from the AIX header files.
>
> I can remove these macros as they aren't yet used in binutils.  Tell me what do you prefer.

I think that it would be best to remove them.  If they are not needed
and we cannot be sure of their copyright status, then lets leave them
out.  A patch with this change is pre-approved.