gold work on mingw/mingw64 support

Vladimir Simonov sv@sw.ru
Mon Apr 18 15:49:00 GMT 2011


On 04/13/2011 01:25 PM, Vladimir Simonov wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 10:06 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> I decided to go a different route. It seems that mmap could in general
>> fail for a file which can nevertheless be read. So I decided to go
>> ahead and change gold to handle the case of mmap failing. This then
>> turns the mingw32 code into a matter of supporting systems which don't
>> provide mmap by providing a stub mmap which always fails.
>>
>> I committed the appended patch. Let me know if you find problems with
>> it. This patch also cleans up mremap a bit even on systems which
>> provide mmap.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>
> Thank you. I'll check the patch in couple days and report.

Sorry for delay.
I've downloaded binutils-2.21.51
[binutils]$ grep 201104 binutils-2.21.51/ -r
binutils-2.21.51/bfd/version.h:#define BFD_VERSION_DATE 20110416
It contains your changes related to bool map_is_allocated_;

It is still having the problems I've mentioned earlier(in my patches):
build/binutils-2.21.51/gold/descriptors.cc:136: error: 'F_SETFD' was not declared in this 
scope
build/binutils-2.21.51/gold/descriptors.cc:136: error: 'fcntl' was not declared in this scope
build/binutils-2.21.51/gold/output.cc:4552: error: 'S_ISLNK' was not declared in this scope

Chunks fixing the issues are attached.

I'll let you know about new gold work in a day or so.

Best regards
Vladimir Simonov
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-2.21.51-gold-fcntl.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1050 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110418/988e901f/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list