[PATCH, ARM] MSR/MRS assembly and disassembly tweaks
Julian Brown
julian@codesourcery.com
Wed Apr 13 14:52:00 GMT 2011
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:59:37 +0200
Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:07:28 +0100
> > From: Julian Brown <julian@codesourcery.com>
>
> > This patch improves handling of MSR and MRS instructions in GAS, and
> > also improves disassembly output in a couple of cases.
>
> Please fix the resulting fallout from the src/sim testsuite for
> arm-elf with the arm-sim board. It has regressed in the last
> 24h, like so:
Hmm... I seem to have been a little confused by the difference between
"selected_cpu" and "cpu_variant" in tc-arm.c (in fact I still am!), and
I'd also not tested thoroughly enough what happens in "implied CPU
variant" mode, i.e. when no CPU or architecture is passed on the
command line or present as an .arch/.cpu directive in the input file.
So, anyway. The attached patch fixes the MRS/MSR tests, but causes some
further regressions regarding the SVC instruction on e.g. v7-A
architectures:
PASS -> FAIL: default/gas.sum:ARM V7 instructions
PASS -> FAIL: default/gas.sum:attributes for -march=armv7
.../arch7.s:83: Error: SVC is not permitted on this architecture
I'm not sure if I'll have time to investigate this further this week. I
could apply the attached if someone can investigate the SVC problem
further, or I can just revert my MRS/MSR patch for now. Anyone have any
preferences?
Thanks,
Julian
ChangeLog
gas/
* config/tc-arm.c (parse_psr): Use selected_cpu not cpu_variant to
detect M-profile targets.
include/
* opcode/arm.h (ARM_AEXT_V7_ARM): Remove ARM_EXT_OS from bitmask.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-mrs-msr-fsf-tweaks-1.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2204 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20110413/9ebb375c/attachment.bin>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list