Fix MIPS multi-GOT -Bsymbolic link failure

Richard Sandiford rdsandiford@googlemail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:11:00 GMT 2010

"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> Here's what I had in mind.  It means we use local relocations for all
>> GOT entries in Joseph's testcase, which should be a little more
>> efficient at load time.
>>
>> Tested against the binutils testsuite on mips64-linux-gnu, and by
>> building and testing GCC on the same target.  I'll commit it in
>> a couple of days if there are no objections.
>
> This doesn't appear to have been committed yet - any particular reason?

Yeah, it doesn't work with VxWorks, because it hard-codes the assumption
that relocation symbols must be in the global GOT.  I came up with one
fix for that, but wanted to experiment with a second fix as well.

VxWorks has bitrotted quite a bit anyway, so I ended up trying to fix
the bitrot first.  In the end I ran out of time.  I hope to return to it
this weekend though.

Richard