[patch x64 SEH]: Sort pdata section ascending
Kai Tietz
ktietz70@googlemail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:52:00 GMT 2010
2010/9/14 Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>:
> On 09/14/2010 11:34 AM, Kai Tietz wrote:
>> Well, I just did the complete comparison here. Other possible thing
>> here would be an abort, if we see to entries with same begin_address,
>> I would assume it could be unnecessary (and maybe we should even abort
>> if end-address/handler-data aren't equal, but start address is equal),
>> but I am not sure if SEH would allow here different handler-types for
>> same region, and so sorting could be still required.
>
> Well, aborting in the linker due to user input is discouraged.
> But if you recall, I did suggest that we diagnose bad pdata
> sections in objdump.
>
> That said, I think the only thing we need to sort on is the
> start address.
>
>
> r~
>
Well, so it shall be. Adjusted patch attached.
Kai
--
| (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: sort_pdata.diff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1675 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20100914/d2670200/attachment.obj>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list