[patch][gold] Don't put rodata and text in the same segment.

Rafael Espindola espindola@google.com
Fri Sep 3 19:50:00 GMT 2010

Looking a bit more in the code I was curious why the optimization of
trying to keep the data contiguous on disk but not in memory could not
be applied in more cases. I also noticed that was_readonly was never
being set back to false. Is it because the code knows how the segments
are ordered? That is wrong in the presence of large segments, no?

Anyway, I tried to apply the optimization unconditionally and I could
not find a case that fails. Would you mind reviewing the attached
patch first? If you do know a case that would fail let me know and I
will add a testcase for it instead.

2010-09-03  Rafael Espindola  <espindola@google.com>

       * layout.cc (Layout::set_segment_offsets): Try harder to save disk
	space.

Thanks,
--
Rafael Ávila de Espíndola