Z80 changes getting into releases

Chris Smith chris@nfluid.com
Tue Oct 12 13:20:00 GMT 2010

Hi everyone.

Last October Arnold Metselaar fixed a few major z80 target issues that I raised
with gas and ld, where they produced incorrect outputs.

Fixes committed on 17/10/2009 and 25/10/2009.

Currently I build binutils from CVS as these changes have still not made it
into the release, making the stable release for this target broken. Anyone
using the current or previous releases of binutils for target z80-unknown-coff-
* will produce incorrect output.

I am fielding support requests from people building my z80 projects because
they are using a z80-unknown-coff-* binutils shipped with their distro (for
instance debian ships 20.2.1). This is getting a little painful to manage, and
often ends with having to change the entire z80 project so that a different
assembler can be used, with no library, link map or linking support :-(

What is the usual release build timing for changes?

Thanks,
Chris