[PATCH] Group .text.exit, text.startup and .text.hot sections

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Nov 30 14:55:00 GMT 2010


Jan Hubicka <hubicka@ucw.cz> writes:

>> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:02:28AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
>> > On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 05:24:59PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
>> > > 	* scripttempl/elf.sc: Group .text.exit, text.shartup and .text.hot
>> > > 	subsections.
>> > 
>> > OK.
>> 
>> Applied, after fixing the syntax error.  We really don't want this one
>> to miss the 2.21 release so I applied it there too.
>
> Thanks!
> I noticed the syntax error shortly too.  Do you have any idea how to update the gold linker?
> I will try to look into it today.

The corresponding change to gold would be somewhere around
Layout::output_section_name in gold/layout.cc.  But I think it might be
better to change gold to follow a general rule of keeping input sections
with the same name together even when they go into the same output
section.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list