[PATCH][PR ld/10144] MIPS/BFD: Don't make debug section relocs dynamic
Maciej W. Rozycki
macro@codesourcery.com
Thu Nov 11 01:44:00 GMT 2010
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > I'd rather fixed .dc.a, sorry. As this is not something critical for
> > 2.21, let me defer it until I'm done with the next (I dare not say "last")
> > iteration of the microMIPS change.
>
> hmm, according to the debian mips maintainers this patch was needed to fix
> some build failures (in 2.20). I'd like to see this in 2.21, if possible.
The bug fix itself went in as recorded in the PR; we're discussing issues
related to the complementing testsuite additions. These are of course
good to have (additions, not issues, that is ;) ), but their absence does
not impact the fix itself. And now that the 2.21 branch has been created
switching its contents into the maintenance mode, no future changes
applied should cause the fix to regress, so the lack of a test case on the
branch is probably negligible.
As the new generic test case included with the changes discussed may
possibly trigger failures for other targets, I think it'll be best applied
to trunk only and any fallout sorted out there, with any fixes possibly
backported to 2.21 if deemed appropriate.
I hope this clears the situation a bit -- let me know otherwise.
Maciej
More information about the Binutils
mailing list